Parasitic worm infections are debilitating and disproportionately affect the poor and vulnerable, particularly children. While lack of awareness and limited access to clean water and sanitation continue to present challenges, Côte d’Ivoire’s national programme is committed to achieving elimination. By supporting the Ministry of Health, we’re continuing to fight these diseases using sustainable interventions.
• Programme start date: 2012
• Treatments delivered in FY17/18: 2,356,834^
• Numbers treated to date: 12,779,182^
• Programme coverage status: Targeting all at-risk school-age children^^
* Data from WHO schistosomiasis and soil-transmitted helminth database.
^ For every treatment provided against schistosomiasis, treatments are also offered against intestinal worm infections where both diseases are present. Treatment numbers are for schistosomiasis only and dating from 2010 when the current reporting system was established. Numbers from January 2019.
^^ We support the programme in-line with the country’s strategic plan. As such, individuals other than school-age children may be treated.