With many of the populous being nomads, Mauritania presents challenges for SCI-supported programmes. But by supporting the Ministry of Health, we’ve helped maintain a sustainable programme in the country since 2013 and have reached national coverage.
• Programme start date: 2013
• Treatments delivered in FY17/18: 99,821*
• Numbers treated to date: 295,929*
• Programme coverage status: Targeting all at-risk school-age children^
* For every treatment provided against schistosomiasis, treatments are also offered against intestinal worm infections where both diseases are present. Treatment numbers are for schistosomiasis only and dating from 2010 when the current reporting system was established. Numbers from January 2019.^ We support the programme in-line with the country’s strategic plan. As such, individuals other than school-age children may be treated.