As a semi-autonomous country, we support the Tanzanian Ministry of Health and Pemba’s Public Health Laboratory-Ivo de Carneri to deliver treatments against parasitic worm infections.
• Programme start date: 2003
• Treatments delivered in FY17/18: 2,152,447^
• Numbers treated to date: 11,289,380^
• Programme coverage status: Targeting all at-risk school-age children^^
* Data from WHO schistosomiasis and soil-transmitted helminth database.
^ For every treatment provided against schistosomiasis, treatments are also offered against intestinal worm infections where both diseases are present. Treatment numbers are for schistosomiasis only and dating from 2010 when the current reporting system was established. Numbers from January 2019.
^^ We support the programme in-line with the country’s strategic plan. As such, individuals other than school-age children may be treated.